Different Types of Cookies
Session Cookies - These will expire and delete themselves automatically after a short period of time such as when you leave our website or when you close your web browser. These will allow you to navigate through different web pages without having to re-enter information..
Permanent Cookies – These will be stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them. However, they will delete themselves at their expiry date. These will help to remember your preferences and your log in details so you do not have to re-enter them every time you revisit any of our websites.
Essential Cookies - These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas. It may not be possible for you to carry out certain web-based activities without using these cookies, for example making a donation. .
Performance Cookies - These will help us understand how our members, service users and/or visitors arrive at, browse or use our website(s).
Advertising Cookies- These cookies collect information about your browsing habits. These can then be used to show you advertisements that may be relevant to your interests.
Third Party Cookies - Some of the cookies that will be used that have already been described may be stored on your device by third parties when you use our website. We have no control over such cookies. They are used to allow third parties to provide a service to us; for example Google Analytics will help us to understand how many visitors we have had and their user journey on our respective websites. Other examples include LinkedIn and Youtube.
How you can control Cookies
The reasons why we use or may use any or all of the types of cookies mentioned above, include (but are not limited to):
· To aid navigation of our website(s) and use our features on any such websites
· To record the number of unique visitors to our website(s) and to particular pages on each website
· To measure and analyse how our members, service users and/or visitors use our websites, and to improve both its functionality and your experience with MWNUK, MWN Hub, MWN TV and/or MWN Helpline.
· To remember your preferences (such as your choice of language or location) so that the user experience is personal to you and helps to save you time
· To deliver information or adverts which may be relevant to you now or in the future
Raise your voice and get connected